Written by Brett Ruffenach //
Mac Sabbath are, well, exactly what you think they are.
Remember when Macaulay Culkin did that gauche project called “The Pizza Underground” where, just three short months after the passing of Lou Reed, he made a Velvet Underground cover band singing pizza-themed parodies?
This is like that, only instead of The Velvet Underground, it’s Black Sabbath. And instead of pizza, it’s McDonalds.
Armed with cheeseburger headpieces, smoldering clown heads with laser eyes, a giant purple gumdrop bass player and hilarious fast-food lyrics, Mac Sabbath are certainly one of the most unique live acts coming to SF this weekend.
This Friday, Mac Sabbath will storm the stage at Slim’s after ArnoCorps’ opening set, and this is NOT a show you want to miss. I mean, c’mon … they’ve got clown heads with freakin’ laser beams coming out of their eyes! Tickets are available for $20, or you could win a pair of tickets by submitting your full name and email below.
Contest ends this Friday at 3 p.m.
Follow Showbams on Twitter for more contest giveaways throughout the week. Be the first to respond to our contest tweets to GO4FREE to these shows:
• The She’s: January 26th (THU) @ The Independent
• The Beatnuts: January 27th (FRI) @ The New Parish
• Shy Girls: January 27th (FRI) @ The Independent
• Heron Oblivion: January 27th (FRI) @ The Chapel
• Lydia Loveless: January 28th (SAT) @ The Independent
• The Donkeys: January 28th (SAT) @ The Chapel
• Safetysuit: January 29th (SUN) @ The Chapel
Enter your name (First and Last) along with your email below. If you win a contest, you’ll be notified on the day the contest ends (details above).