Written by Nik Crossman //
Lucas MacFadden, better known by his stage name Cut Chemist, originally made waves in the Los Angeles hip-hop scene as an avid contributor to Jurassic 5 and through his collaborations with Bay Area instrumental hip-hop/trip-hop producer DJ Shadow in the early 90’s.
In 2006, MacFadden left J5 and released his debut studio album The Audience’s Listening on Warner Bros. Records, with the title track being used for a worldwide Apple TV commercial promoting its iPod nano product.
Building on his solo fame, Cut Chemist supported Shakira during her “Oral Fixation” tour in 2007, wowing crowds with his unique approach while pushing the limits of the audio-visual world. That same year, he made a cameo appearance as a chemistry teacher in the Academy Award-winning movie “Juno” that comically plays off his academic-sounding moniker.
This Friday, Mezzanine will celebrate seven years of MOM DJs with exclusive remixes and originals of your favorite Motown songs while headliner Cut Chemist and opener Alligator Spacewalk hit the decks. Tickets are available for $25, or you could win a pair of tickets by submitting your full name and email below.
Contest ends this Friday at 3 p.m.
Follow Showbams on Twitter for more contest giveaways throughout the week. Be the first to respond to our contest tweets to GO4FREE to these shows:
• Too Future: May 12th (THUR) @ 1015 Folsom
• Marc Kinchen: May 13th (FRI) @ 1015 Folsom
• Hot Buttered Rum: May 13th (FRI) @ The Fillmore
• Beat Connection: May 13th (FRI) @ Swedish American Music Hall
• Blackalicious: May 13th (FRI) @ Slim’s
• TV Girl: May 13th (FRI) @ Brick & Mortar Music Hall
• Chris Cohen: May 14th (SAT) @ Swedish American Music Hall
• Bob Mould: May 15th (SUN) @ The Independent
Enter your name (First and Last) along with your email below. If you win a contest, you’ll be notified on the day the contest ends (details above).